Thursday, January 22, 2009

ON MUSIC ~ Come Again?...

TOP 5 ON FRIDAY...


The Music Memoirs asks us to name unique band/artist names...

  1. Oingo Boingo - of "Weird Science" fame in the '80's from Los Angeles, CA

  2. Space Pussy - Gay, Drag & Transgender rock band huge in Provincetown, RI in the '90's who put on a totally fun show with pretty cool music

  3. Englebert Humperdinck - '60's pop schlop British crooner, aka Arnold Dorsey - yes, surprisingly, he actually chose the name of a late 1800's German Opera composer because it was more "arresting" when he first hit it big in...Germany *shocker*

  4. The String Cheese Incident - Boulder, CO Jam Band from the '90's and into the early '00's with lots of cool bluegrass influences

  5. Leftover Salmon - Another Boulder, CO Jam Band that came before SCI above with a Cajun style

7 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oingo...one of my favorite bands of all time :)

BTW...full name originally was: The Mystic Knights Of The Oingo Boingo :)

Sandy Nawrot said...

I love these brain teasers! OK, I have to take the kids to school, but quickly, these are ones that came to mind:

1. The artist formerly known as Prince (can't make the symbol)!
2. Chumbawamba
3. Procol Harum
4. Toad the Wet Sprocket

Aaaa! Can't think of a fifth. Boomtown Rats? Garbage? Sniff in the Tears? You can tell I have one foot stuck in the '80's!!!

hippie-chick said...

GREAT choices!! I didn't go with any artists, just bands, they came to mind first. ENGELBERT! Ahahaha!!!

Natsthename said...

Oh, I LOVE Leftover Salmon..the band..not the leftover fish. LOL.

Good ones!

Cindy said...

I remember Engelbert!

Margot said...

My brother used to be in a band called the Pacific Gas and Electric. At the time I thought it was weird to name themselves after a utility company - but later bands certainly got weirder.

Michael said...

You know, I think I actually have some String Cheese Incident music somewhere.

Great list!