Monday, October 20, 2008

ON BOOKS ~ Location = Cape Cod, MA...



raidergirl3 asks - It's Tuesday, where is reading taking you?
I am spending my summer break from college working hard to impress all of the MLB scouts watching me play ball. I also have a part-time job out here which helps to pay for the fun I am having after games with my teammates at the beach bonfires or sneaking beer into my host family's house. Some of my teammates are even signing contracts at some point this summer with the MLB teams that have drafted them. I'm just hoping someone out there is paying attention to my game so that I have a shot to make it in the show too some day. Until then, I'm enjoying the competition, the new friends, and the girls in bikinis out here on Cape Cod.
(The Last Best League - J. Collins, non-fiction)

3 comments:

raidergirl3 said...

hey, welcome to the game. Is this one fiction or nonfiction? It was hard to tell. Great book to be reading during the World Series. thanks for coming by to play

The Bumbles said...

Non-fiction. The link and my review are up on my Goodreads bookshelf link on my blog.

Lynn said...

This sounds like a great book.