Monday, November 10, 2008

ON BOOKS ~ Three Cups of Tea (again)...


MizB asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
  • Share the title of the book the teaser comes from…that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

From pg. 80 of THREE CUPS OF TEA - ONE MAN'S MISSION TO PROMOTE PEACE...ONE SCHOOL AT A TIME by Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin...

"Though this lunar rockscape in the western Karakoram has to be one of the most forbidding on Earth, Mortenson felt he had come home. The dusty murk along the depths of the gorge and the high-altitude sun brushing the tips of these granite towers felt more like his natural habitat than the pastel stucco bungalows of Berkeley."

7 comments:

Wendi said...

Great teaser - I've got this book on my tbr pile, I'm planning on suggesting it for a book club read in one of my groups - I've heard great things about it.

:) Wendi

Here's my
teaser
!

Anonymous said...

This one sounds good too!

Kathy W said...

Interesting words the author uses for describing a landscape. I look forward to reading your review on it. =)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with this...it took me awhile to slog through it.

Jen said...

I read this book awhile back for a book club. I enjoyed it so much! I look forward to reading what you have to say when you finish it!

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to get to this book also. Your teaser helped push it further up the list. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Sherry said...

I just recently read Three Cups of Tea. Loved it. It's inspiring while at the same time informative. I think I understand news from Pakistan and Afghanistan better having read this book.