New Feature Presentation...
MONDAY MOVIE MEME
Molly has been looking around for a weekly meme about movies and did not have any luck. So therefore she decided to start her own! Andy will play along as well - hopefully you will too. Leave a link to your blog post where you’ve shared your response or, if you don’t have a blog, share your response in the comment section at the end of this post.
This week's movie topic is all about Encores...
What movie or kind of movies will you watch repeatedly?
- I enjoy watching movies multiple times - especially ones like The Usual Suspects which have lots of things you missed the first time, or the Bourne series which has so much action packed in that it is hard to appreciate it all in one viewing. But my absolute favorite movies are the ones that I re-watch the most - of course. But how I re-watch them is a little different depending upon genre.
- Whenever I stumble across my very favorite dramatic movies on t.v. I am unable to change the channel. There is something special about being pleasantly surprised to have come across them, and maybe because I do not own any of them I get sucked in completely.
- If I come across one of my favorite comedies I don't have that much of a problem continuing to surf around. I tend to own comedies more than any other genre so I have these and pull them out now and then for a good laugh when I'm in need.
- Documentaries. Once you have learned something new you want to go back to check it out as a reference or reminder.
- Other than that it doesn't reallly matter - as long as it is a good movie. Generally comedies work best since there isn't much point re-watching a drama once you know what has happened. Unless it is something that had a surprise ending and you wanted to go back and see how you missed it originally. But comedies will keep you laughing regardless of how many times you watch.