1. Clear the area for leaves, twigs & other yard debris which may poke a hole through the plastic.
2. Lay out the area - his is approx. 30' x 70'. He changed the location in his yard this year but the size is about the same as last year.
3. Lay out the plywood, stakes and other building components.
4. Stand the plywood on end - his are 2' high - and attach together with pieces of plywood. Drive the stakes into the ground and screw through the plywood to the stakes.
5. Bolt all the corners together with metal angles.
6. Waterproof all the joints with pieces of rubber and old carpet scraps.
7. Lay out tarps on the ground to protect the plastic membrane.
8. Lay out one big sheet of plastic - can't have any joints in the plastic - and get it in place ready to fill with water.
9. We hook up hoses from 5 or 6 houses in the neighborhood and fill it. It usually takes about 10 or 12 hours. It is a big rink and deep in spots - up to 18-24". Good excuse to spend the day drinking and looking at water going into the rink.
12. Lots of neighborhood parties and another good excuse to drink.