Monday, January 19, 2009

ON BOOKS ~ Anna Karenina...

MizB asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
  • Share the title of the book the teaser comes from…that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

From pg. 61 of ANNA KARENINA by Leo Tolstoy (fiction)...

"In that brief glance Vronsky had time to notice the restrained animation that played over her face and fluttered between her shining eyes and the barely noticeable smile that curved her red lips. It was as if a surplus of something so overflowed her being that it expressed itself beyond her will, now in the brightness of her glance, now in her smile."

And, just to show how relatable this classic novel published in 1877 still is to the present time, I give you a bonus Teaser...

From pg. 134...

"The conversation had begun nicely, but precisely because it was much too nice, it stopped again. They had to resort to that sure, never failing remedy - malicious gossip."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I need to read Anna Karenina again. I haven't read it in 5 years.

I did go see it live...Wow. It was def an experience.

Sandy Nawrot said...

I was deprived of classics as a youth, and now I am just trying to catch up. Am I the only human who hasn't read this? Gonna have to add it to my list...

Wanda said...

Enduring fiction, thanks for the bonus teaser!

Erica said...

Well I've never read this....going to see if I can pick this up soon!!
Have a great Tuesday and thank you for sharing a classic!

FleurFisher said...

Anna Karenina is one of my possible "big books2 for this year. This teaser encourages me, and for that thank you!

Jo-Jo said...

I read Anna Karenina a couple of years ago and LOVED it! My teaser is posted here.

Wendi said...

Great teasers! This is a book I've been wanting to pick up. . .

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Anonymous said...

Ahh, of course! Malicious gossip never fails! LOL!

I've been wanting to read this books for ages! And I can't count how many other books I've said the same thing about! LOL!