Thursday, January 8, 2009

ON MUSIC ~ Dinnertime...


TOP 5 ON FRIDAY...

The Music Memoirs asks us to name our Top 5 Artists/Musicians we would like to have dinner with, and explain why. Here are Andy's solo responses - Molly decided to skip dinner:

  1. Paul McCartney - The stories he could tell, the people that he met and played with.

  2. Mick Jagger - Keith is the one you want to party with, Mick is the one you want to have dinner with.

  3. Neil Young - My favorite solo artist and one of the best songwriters ever. So many different styles over the years but it always comes back to acoustic & Crazy Horse.

  4. John Bell - Singer/Guitar and songwriter for one of my favorite bands, Widespread Panic.

  5. Bruce Springsteen - As long as we only talk music and not politics.

4 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

OK, here are mine:

1. Bruce Springsteen - not stealing from you...he's the man. But I'm thinking there is no away around the politics thing.

2. Eric Clapton - do I have to explain this one? I guess his wife could come too; she seems nice.

3. Brittany Spears - just to see how whacked out she really is.

4. Feist - this would be my "settle back with some wine and have a good girlfriend chat" dinner. Plus she is so cool.

5. Elvis Costello - another cool one. And he is a quirky genius. I'm thinking he would have some earth-shattering epiphanies to share with me, or maybe he would secretly tell me his next project.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I had McCartney on my list as well. I'd probably add Costello like Sandy but well I had him over for drinks last time so I thought I'd give him a week off :)

Thanks for playing :)

Natsthename said...

Macca and Young would be wicked cool, but I'd be so in awe that I probably wouldn't eat!

Love the picks.

Anonymous said...

Molly, your husband is a very discerning guy. Keep him. For me, I'd rather have just a couple over. More intimate that way. So it would be husband and myself and the husband/wife team of Elvis Costello and Diana Krall. (I'm assuming they are still married. I don't keep up much.)