Monday, April 27, 2009

ON BOOKS ~ Location = Chicago...


raidergirl3 asks - It's Tuesday, where is reading taking you?

I am in Chicago in the late 1800's learning about the lives of 2 very different men and their impact on the upcoming World's Fair. One of the city's top architects is trying to get the best from the country to work together in this extravagant project to out-do the last fair in Paris, which will show the world that the people of the U.S. and Chicago are great visionaries. At the same time, a psychopath has moved in to town and is setting up shop ready to prey on the lovely ladies streaming into town. He can hardly wait to take advantage of his good fortune, having his multi-purpose building just down the street from the site of the fair.

(The Devil In The White City - Erik Larson, non-fiction) - Read a Teaser in the post below...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm just dropping by to check out your site. It's pretty nifty. I'm gonna bookmark you and visit often, but before I go I'd like to invite you to my site for a visit. Hope to see you there.

Confuzzled Shannon said...

Never been to Chicago in reading or in RL. Happy Reading!