Thursday, April 2, 2009

ON MUSIC ~ Make It Stop...


TOP 5 ON FRIDAY...


The Music Memoirs asks us to name our Top 5 songs we wish we'd never heard - and why...

1. "Who Let The Dogs Out" by Baja Men - ruining weddings and other parties one whoop at a time

2. "Give me back that filet o' fish" - annoying McDonald's commercial jingle, but effective

3. "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond - the one negative of Fenway Park, played every game during the 8th inning. Incites drunken singalongs - Bah, Bah, Bah... (This selection under protest by Molly who enjoys drunken singalongs especially at Fenway)

4. "Kokomo" by The Beach Boys - just a really bad song from a really bad movie

5. "Down on the Corner" by Creedence Clearwater Revival - annoying because of it's relentless catchy ditty played ad nauseam on classic rock radio - with a goofy video to boot (This selection under protest by Andy who is a slave to classic rock)

We apologize for getting any or all of these stuck in your head for the rest of the day.

7 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

I recently posted on a Sisterhood Award, and I titled it "I've got all my sisters with me", which then implanted that God-forsaken Pointer Sisters song in my head. I think I'd add that one.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

OMG that McDonald's commercial is freaking scary! Props to you for thinking about it.

Might also include The Electric Slide and any other song that produces a line dance

Alison said...

Might want to add, Whomp There It Is, by Tag Team. (another drunken dance/sing-long) sorry Molly!

Natsthename said...

OH MY GOD, I hate that McD's commercial with a passion. And I almost picked Who Let the Dogs Out, too. AWFUL. I think I have to agree with all of your picks!! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Thanks I was beginning to forget about that McDonalds commercial. LOL!

Margot said...

Macarana is one that I really don't like. Not sure if I spelled that right. It's one of those conga dances people (mostly women) love to do.

Who Let The Dogs Out is now stuck in my head.

Jenners said...

Yeah...you totally owe me for the "Who Let The Dogs Out." And I don't want to think too hard on this question for fear I will get them stuck in my head!