Wednesday, September 2, 2009

ON SPORTS ~ Are You Ready For Some Football?..



Edition #44
Thirteen Things about THE BUMBLES -
and, in honor of the start of the NFL season NEXT Thursday, some of our predictions for this season...

1. Brett Favre will get a dicey reception upon his return to Green Bay on 11/01 as the QB of the rival Minnesota Vikings.

2. Brett Favre will change his mind about retirement a few more times just for good measure.

3. RB Adrian Peterson will have another great year for the Minnesota Vikings in spite of Brett.

4. But RB Steve Slaton of the Houston Texans will try to give him a run for his money.

5. WR T.O. will not enjoy Buffalo and the Bills will continue to flop.

6. QB Michael Vick will return to the field and start a game for the Philadelphia Eagles because Donovan McNabb will get hurt - again.

7. QB Ben (packing on the pounds) Roethlisberger will underperform for the reigning Champion Pittsburgh Steelers and they will not repeat.

8. The Detroit Lions' futility as bottom dwellers will continue - along with the Oakland Raiders.

9. Mark Sanchez will struggle in his rookie QB season and the New York Jets will miss the playoffs.

10. The New England Patriots will end their drought and finally beat the Colts in Indianapolis - expect a re-match in the post-season.

11. The Baltimore Ravens might actually find a passing game with rookie RT Michael Oher watching the blindside.

12. The New York Giants look like the NFC team to beat.

13. QB Tom Brady won't miss a beat returning from last season's injury - making Randy Moss and Wes Welker very happy receivers indeed (not to mention us Bumbles!).

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. What do you do? Write Thirteen things about yourself, summarize your week in one entry, make it easy for other bloggers to get to know you on a weekly basis. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is not only encouraged, it is part of being a Thursday Thirteener! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!


19 comments:

Patty Reiser said...

Desert Greetings

I for one having been looking forward to the start of the new season since February. :)

Brett had such a great career when he was with GB and I think he's blowing all flipping back and forth on retirement.

Me, I will be faithfully cheering on my Carolina Panthers win or lose. I switched to the Panthers when the Rams left Southern California.

And on occasion I will cheer for the Raiders only because they are my hubby's team, why I have never understood. LOL

Wishing you a scent-stional Thursday!
Patty

Alice Audrey said...

I predict all your predictions will be accurate. But what do I know? I don't watch football.

Unknown said...

I know nothing about football, except most of them have nice butts lol Is that bad?

Happy T13!

kayerj said...

happy football season :)

Anonymous said...

I am SO HAPPY that football is back! I prefer college, but have been know to watch the occasional pro game. I have no idea why Brett would want to make himself the butt of most football jokes for the past two years. He needs to try to keep any dignity he's got left.

Sandy Nawrot said...

We ARE ready for some football. And we are ready to trade snide comments with our New England-following friends. Brady fans we are not!

Hootin Anni said...

Brett...he poo pooed in his britches.

I'm still stuck in the John Elway/Broncos era. LOLOLOL


My 13 this week is all about Labor in a funny way. Hope you can stop by to visit with me. Happy Thursday. [PS...you'll need to scroll down below my Thursday Thunks to find my list of 13]

Americanising Desi said...

i m eagerly waiting for all ur predictions to come true :)

13 Walt Disney

Anonymous said...

Go New England!

(I haven't paid alot of attention lately, due to a break up from a football addict but I'm sure I'll be back...)

Susan said...

I really, really wish I could get excited about football! My hubby and I would probably watch a lot more TV together!

Unknown said...

Football season is in full bloom around the office.

Paige Tyler said...

Great TT! We're huge football fans!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

YAY! I agree with just about everything. I'd say Carolina was the team to beat but our entire first string will be on the bench with injuries by next week.

Calico Crazy said...

I know absolutely nothing about football, so I'll have to support your predictions until their proven incorrect.

Calico Contemplations

Celticlibrarian said...

I'll be curious to see how these predictions will pan out. Mind you, I don't really follow football...but I'll bet that you're right about the Raiders.

ds said...

Mr. L-S would be all over this post, but I AM NOT READY FOR FOOTBALL SEASON! Thank you for #12, however ;)

Jennifer said...

ROTFLMBO @ #7!!! LOL!!!

Catherine @ The Blonde Diaries said...

Great list. I swear Brett Farve has become the new Roger Clemens. I was furious when the Astros were playing that game with him and kept resigning his underperforming butt.

Heather said...

Couldn't help snickering over the first three items on your list, plus the one about Detroit (that one wasn't much of a stretch, was it? LOL). *Sigh* And to think I used to like Favre... First he announces his retirement on my birthday, then he decides to unretire and play for the enemy. I'm betting on a chilly reception when he returns to GB!

My Blog