Friday, November 20, 2009

ON SPORTS ~ Movin' On A Sunday Afternoon...



While I am movin' on up like the Jeffersons in my Fantasy Football world, I am sucking wind picking winners in the pool. To add insult to injury, people that I have invited to play in this pool are now swarming all over the highly coveted top spots for the big overall payout. Our good friend is holding down 4th place. Her hubby - new to the pool this year - is in 2nd. His sister and her boyfriend are in 7th. I have fallen out of the 20's and am clinging to the 30's by my nails in need of a manicure. Andy fell back to the 70's.

Considering Carolina lost to the Bills of all lame teams we are both going to continue to sink like stones this week too. I warned you this is how it goes for me each season - first to worst. But I didn't anticipate such stellar performances from my friends. Now that I think about it, I have had two other friends that I invited into the pool win the whole damn thing. I need to stop inviting friends to join in - they aren't watering down the competition - they're cashing in!!!

On to happier happenings. I won won won in both Fantasy leagues! In the Ladies League my opponent, the Redskins fan, celebrated a victory by her real team but got not one, but TWO negative point performances out of her lineup. Victory for moi. I now sit at the top of the division. Incredible. My team that I had no say in drafting is sitting pretty.

As for the Boys League, I pulled myself out of the middle of the pack by winning - my second duplicate victory over an opponent this season - and sit in 3rd. Granted, there are only six of us so technically I am in the true middle of the pack. But I am in front of three other boys. One of them being Andy. He is tied for last with the Commish. And the guy I beat last week is between them and me.

I get to go toe to toe with Mr. Invincible this week - he of only one loss. He has already CLINCHED a frickin' playoff spot. There are still like five more weeks or something before the Fantasy playoffs start. The dude's team is stacked. But so is mine. I'm gonna try to bring him back down to Earth. Cross those fingers, toes, legs and eyes. Giselle needs all the luck she can get.

ROUND-UP:
Boston Babe (Molly's Team) = Last Week, Won - Overall, 6-4
(modifying this lineup for injuries only, ladies league)

GiselleWearsThePants (Molly's team) = Last Week, Won - Overall, 5-5
Brady Goes To Miami (Andy's team) = Last Week, Lost - Overall, 3-7
~head to head (Molly vs. Andy) = I don't want to talk about it (0-2)
(actively modifying this lineup, up against the boys)

No comments: