Sunday, November 7, 2010

ON MOVIES ~ Hated It...

Feature Presentation...
MONDAY MOVIE MEME

Molly looked around for a weekly meme about movies and did not have any luck. So therefore she decided to start her own! Andy will play along as well - hopefully you will too. Go to your blog and create your own post on the topic, linking back to us in your post, then come back and leave a link to your post here in our Comments section. If you don’t have a blog, just share your response in the Comments section.

This week's movie topic is all about The Worst Movie You've Ever Seen...

Movies, like much of life, are highly subjective. What I love, someone else hates. And vice versa. That's why there are so many choices out there. You can't please everyone. Here are our picks for the movies that did not please us at all. If we had to review them it would be a challenge to find a redeeming quality to talk about. Share on your blog the worst movie you've ever seen, linking back here at The Bumbles. And don't forget to visit your fellow participants!
    MOLLY'S PICK:
TENACIOUS D IN THE PICK OF DESTINY (2006) - This is the moment that Jack Black's career "jumped the shark." Pity. I loved him in most everything else. I wanted to walk out of the theater during this crappy display of anything for a laugh. This selection narrowly beat out Congo in my book.
    ANDY'S PICK:
THE JUROR (1996) - Thankfully Alec Baldwin eventually learned to stick to comedy. Mobster trial uses threats to try to fix jury. And then ends with a random show down in...Guatemala?

Do you have a topic to suggest to the Monday Movie Meme? Or would you like to guest host? Let us know in the Comments section or send us an e-mail.

21 comments:

Mike said...

How about "Return to the Poseidon Adventure" LOL!!!!

Sandy Nawrot said...

Oooh! YOu posted early, that is GREAT! Especially since I am sitting here about to nod off already. I will get my thoughts together and my post will be up in the morning. I may poll my kids just for fun.

Drackar said...

guh. Both are bad.

Lin said...

Try "Kick Ass"--or rather DON'T try that movie. Sheesh! I was told by some 6 year old at the Red Box to get that movie and I'm not sure what I'm more mortified by: that some 6 year old told me to watch that movie or how horribly graphic it is!! Yikes. I'm scarred for life.

Lisa said...

Cemetery Man starring Rupert Everett. When we watched it I assumed it was one of his early movies. Alas, no. Made in 1994. It was just bizarre.

Gwen@ChewDigestBooks.com said...

Andy's pick is cracking me up. We just watched that one not too long ago. I didn't hate it, but I didn't see a reason to keep it on the DVR like someone else in the household;)

Let's see, my most hated flicks....Inglourious Basterds and pretty much anything else by Quintin Tarantino. His style and humor are things that I Just Don't Get.

Kelly said...

I'm so with you on Jack Black jumping the shark on that one! What a sloppy movie.

Lulu said...

Here's my entry...

Movies I hate!

The Gal Herself said...

I didn't see The Juror because I kinda liked the book but couldn't imagine Demi Moore and Alec Baldwin in those roles. Thanks to Andy for reassuring me I haven't missed a thing.

I return the favor with two wretched flicks that are a must to avoid.

Unknown said...

I have mine listed! Check 'em out HERE.

kayerj said...

I'm not familiar with your picks but since you didn't enjoy them I probably won't check them out! my post is up. Have a happy monday.

Unknown said...

Interesting topic, I enjoyed this one!

I didn't care for both your movie picks but I didn't hate them as I hated my choices!

Amy's Hated Movies!

~ Amy

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen either of these, but someone recommended The Juror to me. Now I wish I could remember who. My short list is up.

http://stacybuckeye.wordpress.com/2010/11/08/monday-movie-meme-hated-it/

LJ said...

The only movie I've ever walked out on was in the late 70's and it was called "Nuns on the Run" with one of the Monty Python guys. I thought Monty Python in Nun drag would have been funny. But I was a teenager - what did I know.

ღ Ms. Joy mH ღ said...

mine is up!
http://coupleslovebook.blogspot.com/2010/11/worst-movie-ever.html

Lee said...

That was easy.

Here's my most hated film.

What a stinker (and enormous waste of money, not mine but the filmmakers)!

My expressions LIVE said...

How bout Cubs vs Red Sox in May? Now that will be a show all of us want to watch!

Julie said...

The Pick of Destiny was so bad, I had it out of my DVD player after the opening credits!

Another of Jack Black's movies to make my worst list would be Year One. Atrocious! I also hated Mike Myers' Love Guru (even though Justin Timberlake was funny as a French-Canadian goalie).

Unknown said...

1) Closer. I remember going to see it cause I was in love with Jude Law back then. And I had just seen him in Alfie which I loved so I figured why not go to that movie. Went with a friend and we both hated it.
2) Jingle All The Way. Talk about a boring movie.
3) Polar Express. I only went to this movie cause I made a deal with my parents. If I went with them to see that they'd go see Ocean's 12 with me. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to get up and go to a different movie.
I know there's others but I just can't remember them LOL.

soleil said...

The first movie that comes to mind is Mars Attacks. Ugh.

Penny said...

The Informant.
I wanted to stick twizzlers in my eyes rather than watch that!

Also, Confessions of a Shopaholic.

Can't think of any others at this second..