Sunday, November 28, 2010

ON MOVIES ~ Ticket To Paradise...

Feature Presentation...
MONDAY MOVIE MEME

Molly looked around for a weekly meme about movies and did not have any luck. So therefore she decided to start her own! Andy will play along as well - hopefully you will too. Go to your blog and create your own post on the topic, linking back to us in your post, then come back and leave a link to your post here in our Comments section. If you don’t have a blog, just share your response in the Comments section.

This week's movie topic is all about Movies That Make You Want To Travel...

Movies transport us - from the theater or our couch into another part of the world or another place in time. We use them as a diversion - to escape. Every now and then, they inspire us to explore instead. Here are some movies that made us add a place to our travel wish list. Share on your blog the movies that made you want to get up and go, linking back here at The Bumbles. And don't forget to visit your fellow participants!
  • Lord Of The Rings - Return of the King (2003) - The entire trilogy makes me want to hop on a plane ASAP to New Zealand where they were filmed. But the sweeping landscape views, aided by CGI, during the beacon lighting scene in this final installment is the memorable moment.
  • Grand Canyon (1991) - There is only one brief scene in this movie that occurs at the Grand Canyon itself. But the movie's message of fate and our small role in the world makes me want to stand on that rim and "get it."
  • The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) - Italy was a separate cast member in this film. Its stunning locations made me envious of anyone who gets to lounge on the sea shore or in the ancient cities. Not envious enough to go all Ripley on you, but enough to try to save for a trip.
  • The Wizard of Oz (1939) - As much as I would enjoy a yellow brick road or an emerald city, the flying monkeys and wicked witches aren't really worth the experience. Sometimes, after all that travel, there truly is no place like home.
 Do you have a topic to suggest to the Monday Movie Meme? Or would you like to guest host? Let us know in the Comments section or send us an e-mail.

12 comments:

Noelle said...

http://justnoelle.blogspot.com/2010/11/monday-movie-meme-movies-that-make-you.html

The Gal Herself said...

The Wizard of Oz was on again Saturday evening and I was reminded again that I've always wanted to travel "someplace where there isn't any trouble." I have three others to add to your travel list.

Anne said...

Great topic this week! It made me jumpstart my blogging. =) Talented Mr. Ripley is so dark but I still like that film.

Mine's here.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed posting my faves for this one! Visit mine: HERE.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soleil said...

Eat, Pray, Love made me want to go everywhere she went-Italy, India, and Bali. I already wanted to go to Italy and India, but the lush scenery put Bali on my radar.

kayerj said...

I hear you on New Zealand!!!! I've always wanted to see the Grand Canyon too. We live so close I think it's a shame we've never been. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Unknown said...

I really liked the movie, Grand Canyon but so many people don't know of it so I was happy to see it on your list! It's perfect for this topic too! Love that you listed the Wizard of Oz, too!

My post is up:
Amy's Monday Movies

~ Amy

Unknown said...

Oh, I forgot to say that New Zealand is definitely on my list, too so I love your choice of The Lord of the Rings, I never would have thought of that!

And I really like the movie, The Talented Mr. Ripley and not just because of the awesome setting!

~ Amy

Anonymous said...

Fun topic! New Zealand did look beautiful in LOTR. Your choice of Mr. Ripley got me started on my list.

http://stacybuckeye.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/monday-movie-meme-travel/

Lulu said...

I think LOTR is the winner this week... My entry

Kathleen said...

Ahhh...LOTR! I have been plotting to get to New Zealand ever since seeing the three movies! It is on my bucket list!