Monday, February 14, 2011

ON FUN ~ Ab Fab...


Every time I see this award in the blogosphere, I can't help but think of that tremendous British comedy show, Absolutely Fabulous. That show cracked me up. I've actually heard it may be returning to the airwaves again. THAT would be Ab Fab.

But in the meantime, we were given this award last month by not one, but two fabulous bloggers in their own right - Boliyou and The Gal Herself. I love Boliyou's snapshots of Rhode Island, her fanaticism for all things Star Wars and the fact that she supports our monthly group chats whenever she can. I love The Gal's pining for Cubbie baseball, the fierce honesty she displays about herself and the fact that she has the biggest crush ever on Mark Harmon.

I was very excited to receive this award since it is not one we have in our trophy room yet which means I no longer need to be jealous of those who have it. In order to join the recipients, we are supposed to list 5 fabulous things about ourselves and pass it along like chain mail. I don't do chain mail. And I don't think there are that many fabulous things about me. So what I will do instead, in honor of Valentine's Day, is list 5 fabulous things about Andy and call it a day. In no particular order...

1. Every day could be Valentine's Day for me because Andy most always has dinner ready to be served when I come home from work. And when he doesn't, there are always yummy leftovers in the fridge that even I know how to reheat.

2. Not only does he do all the cooking and grocery shopping, but he does the DISHES!!! He actually enjoys doing the dishes. He jams out to his tunes and thinks whatever happy thoughts Bumbles think when they have some alone time at the sink.

3. In addition to having a lovely smelling dinner wafting out to me when I reach the door, I usually hear his wonderful cackle as he watches the same Seinfeld repeats for the gazillionth time. It is fabulous medicine to come home from work to a happy belly laugh.

4. He loves a road trip. As organized as he likes to be in his life, he is able to let things go and just explore sometimes. A free spirit and the desire for wonder always keeps life interesting.

5. He loves ME. That is probably the most fabulous thing of all, as far as I'm concerned. And I count my lucky stars every day.

8 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

A little happiness from the Bumbles always makes me smile! I think you are both very lucky! And very deserving of this award.

soleil said...

Wow! Dishes and dinner!! That's pretty awesome, you. I do so enjoy these little snippets of Bumbles life that you share with us.

Janet said...

You are lucky, indeed :-) I especially love the part about his laugh!

Susan said...

Andy sounds like a happy and fun-loving guy, and as lucky as you are to have him, he is just as fortunate to have a lovely girl like you. Hugs to you both.

kayerj said...

congratulations--And Andy is fabulous. Although I thought from the title of your post you would mention that he had fabulous Abs *hehehe*

Izzybella said...

Does Andy have a brother who likes chubby southern girls?

And also, awwwwwwwwwwwww!!! I'm glad you have that. But based on what I've learned so far, I'm pretty sure he's lucky to have you, too. :)

**also, your word verification for posting this is "frogr" which gives me a sudden desire to play a 1980s Atari game.

Kathleen said...

Sounds like you got yourself a keeper there girl!

stacybuckeye said...

What a nice post. We, too, can laugh at the same Seinfeld episodes over and over.
You are a very lucky girl. I've never met a man who likes to do dishes!