MONDAY MOVIE MEME
Molly looked around for a weekly meme about movies and did not have any luck. So therefore she decided to start her own! Andy will play along as well - hopefully you will too. Go to your blog and create your own post on the topic, linking back to us in your post, then come back and leave a link to your post here in our Comments section. If you don’t have a blog, just share your response in the Comments section.
This week's movie topic is all about Non-Existent Sequels...
Last week, The Gal Herself suggested a topic that intrigued me. "What movie doesn't have a sequel that you wish did?" Ahhhhh - the terrific world of WHAT IF?! There are tons of movies that have sequels that shouldn't have. And even some where the sequels were better than the original. But an endless possibility exists for those missing sequels that you'd love to see. Here are a few that made our wish list. Share on your blog movies lacking that next installment that you'd be first in line to see. Don't forget to visit your fellow participants!
- Juno (2007) - Did Juno & Bleeker stay soul mates forever? Did they get to know their first child after all? Did they have any more of their "own?"
- The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) - Good God! What happened to Tom Ripley? How many others did he snooker, take advantage of and cause to "disappear?" Did he ever get caught? Did he take his impressions back to the US? Did he ever realize how insane he was? I need to know.
- Bull Durham (1988) - I'm pretty sure this movie was perfect, but I'd like to see a version with Crash Davis as coach of today's minor leaguers to see how the world of steroids, outside cultures and instant media would impact Annie's church of baseball.
- Best In Show (2000) - I just want to hear Fred Willard improv more dog show commentary.
- The Bourne Ultimatum (2007) - There will be. There won't be. There will be but Matt won't be in it. There will be but it will be a prequel instead. Screw that. I want a 4th Bourne movie, to continue the last one and I want Matt Damon in it. And I want it now.