Sunday, April 10, 2011

ON MOVIES ~ Flower Power...

Feature Presentation...
MONDAY MOVIE MEME

Molly looked around for a weekly meme about movies and did not have any luck. So therefore she decided to start her own! Andy will play along as well - hopefully you will too. Go to your blog and create your own post on the topic, linking back to us in your post, then come back and leave a link to your post here in our Comments section. If you don’t have a blog, just share your response in the Comments section.

This week's movie topic is all about Flowers...

A week ago in the Boston area we had snow falling. Now it is approaching the 80's. With this sudden warmth, buds are popping up on the trees and from the ground. I never remember what flowers were planted where, so Spring to me is like a surprise present every year. Flowers and plants abound in the movies. Sometimes they are the main characters. Other times they are the name of a character. There are movies featuring stunning flower visuals in scenes and other times a plant is a driving force behind the overall theme. Pick any angle of the flower and plant in film variety and share your movie list on your blog, linking back here so others can find you. Here is our contribution - a list of movies with flowers or plants appearing in the title. Don't forget to visit your fellow participants!

 Do you have a topic to suggest to the Monday Movie Meme? Or would you like to guest host? Let us know in the Comments section or send us an e-mail.

10 comments:

Kristi said...

Sound of Music and my favorite song to sing the boys at bedtime...Edelweiss

Unknown said...

There are tons of movies that could be picked for this theme, although I chose titles that stood for symbolism between the characters and the flowers in the film. View my picks HERE.

Unknown said...

Sound Of Music is an excellent choice, Kristi, although I can't sit through that movie at all. I've tried though, haha ;)

Unknown said...

Terrific theme! It's going up to 75 degrees here today but may rain so this topic is very appropriate.

You've got some great movies on your list...Driving Ms. Daisy, Steel Magnolias, White Oleander...

Oooo I just thought of another one thanks to your list! I'm not going to update my list, maybe it will be on someone else's list.

My post:
Amy's Monday movie list!

This was fun, thanks!

Kwizgiver said...

I tried to go with a couple that were not mentioned already.

monday movie meme

Nicole said...

I was going to go with Steel Magnolias while reading the introduction to your post here, that is, until I finished reading it and noticed that it was already listed, lol.

So then I was pretty much out of ideas until I remembered this movie about female circumcision called "Desert Flower" that is out in some theaters.

It has "flower" in the title, so that counts, right?


The Madlab Post

Julie said...

I'm stumped, but out of your list, I'd have to say that my favorite is Steel Magnolias. 'Cept I can't watch it unless I want a good cry.

BTW, go Bruins!!!!

Sassy B. said...

Oh dang, I thought I was being creative with "War of the Roses" but I see that it's at the top of your list. Oh well.

This was fun to think about. :)

Here's my list of six.

soleil said...

The Secret Garden!! I loved this story as a kid. The movie version is well done and the garden scenes are breathtaking.

The Gal Herself said...

SUGGESTION: The Reelz movie channel has a promotion about "that scene." It always captures my attention because it includes Roy Hobbs knocking out the scoreboard at Wrigley Field in The Natural. Anyway, what individual movie scene have branded their way into your consciousness?