What have I been doing for the past week, leaving you postless here? I've been fighting off various illnesses, trying to find ways to entertain a six month old, working part-time, trying to find more writing work and squeezing in some blog-hopping. After all, that is far more satisfying than a clean house. In the event that any of you have been strapped for time as well and haven't had a chance to get out there and visit your fellow bloggers, I thought I would share some of their posts with you to let you know what you've been missing.
- Stacy @ Stacy's Bookblog is looking for tips on how to get a toddler to eat. As a picky eater myself, my mother had to hide important food groups in my applesauce or drown it in ketchup. Maybe you have other suggestions for Stacy?
- Kathleen @ Boarding In My Forties is co-hosting the Stephen King Project which is a reading & review challenge with book and cash prizes throughout the year. Kathleen was also kind enough to compile a list of the King of Horror's non-scary works for the fraidy cats out there.
- Janet @ Fond of Snape is sharing a list of foods and spices that fight cancer. And she should know. She's a survivor. We should all include these things in our diet to keep that vicious disease away.
- Lynn @ Queen of the Castle Recipes is explaining what she thinks you should do with cognac, and has a nifty idea for turning an orange into a vessel.
- Little Ms. Blogger @ A Little Blog About Nothing is taking us on a Dinner Project. She is meal planning, smart shopping, LOOPing, and rewarding us with a giveaway of the book inspiring her efforts.
- Sheila @ ashramblings is reviewing her visit to the David Hockney Royal Academy exhibit in London. These cubist styled landscape collages look wickedly fun - and the dude even uses an iPad to sketch out his more recent work.
- The Gal Herself @ One Gal's Musings is reminding us why this country is awesome. She always finds a way to capture my thoughts exactly - in far fewer words.
- Cindy @ Cindy's Love of Books is passes along a funny video you bookies will get a chuckle out of. Starring some folks you might even know.
- Joy @ Joy's Book Blog is sharing a link to a grad student's bookish survey for her thesis. If I knew I could write a thesis on bookish behavior, I might have gone back to college for more!
- Vanita @ After Bedtime Blog is sharing an introductory tutorial on the ins and outs of the Google Plus social networking platform. I just set up a profile there within the month. Add me to your circles if you'd like!
I could go on and on, sharing the variety of things you are all posting about. It is why my Feedly reader is always overflowing. But I really should get some laundry done. Unless you've got a cool post I should know about - do tell!!!