Monday, March 16, 2009

ON BOOKS ~ Location = France


raidergirl3 asks - It's Tuesday, where is reading taking you?

I am one of many refugees fleeing Paris as the Germans advance through the countryside of France during WWII. At times I am a bored yet patriotic teenager running off to join the soldiers and fight. Other times I am a rich elitist horrified to be stuck with the unfortunate masses. And there are times where I am just trying to keep track of my family. This book has me seeing many points of view from a variety of characters.

(Suite Francaise - I. Nemirovsky, fiction) - Read a Teaser in the post above...

6 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

I am so glad you found your way to this book! Once you finish it, you will find that it stays with you for awhile!

raidergirl3 said...

I'd like to read it, but it's a war book...about the Houlocast...It's like pulling a bandaid, because you know it is going to hurt so why would I want to do that on purpose? I never could pull a bandaid off.

I'm sure I will eventually read it.

Anonymous said...

A book that gives you many points of view appeals to me but I don't know about the war thing. I'll wait to see what you think.

Beth F said...

I've been wanting to read this one. I liked both your teaser and your where are you.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I thought it was a good book.

Bethany said...

I just finished a book called "To Love a Gentle Stranger", set in Hawaii. Seeing as I'm on spring break anyway, it was torture, lol!