Sunday, February 27, 2011

ON MOVIES ~ Unforgettable...

Feature Presentation...
MONDAY MOVIE MEME

Molly looked around for a weekly meme about movies and did not have any luck. So therefore she decided to start her own! Andy will play along as well - hopefully you will too. Go to your blog and create your own post on the topic, linking back to us in your post, then come back and leave a link to your post here in our Comments section. If you don’t have a blog, just share your response in the Comments section.

This week's movie topic is all about Memorable Oscar Moments...

Oscar night is always entertaining. It rarely lives up to all the hype, but there is always something memorable that happens. Maybe it is a great host or musical performance. Perhaps a speech is daring. Or someone's outfit is over the top. And every now and then, the right people win. Here are our the memorable Oscar moments that lept to our minds first. As you can see, we were most fond of winning reactions. Share on your blog those moments that stood out instantly for your, linking back here for others to see. And don't forget to visit your fellow participants!
    Upon winning his Best Actor Oscar in 2008 for the Pianist, Adrien Brody does what most every straight man in the world dreams of doing. He lays a big, fat, swooning, spur of the moment smooch on presenter, Halle Berry.
    Cuba Gooding, Jr. reacted the way every Oscar winner before or after has felt inside. It was refreshing to see him share that with the world. In fact Cuba, we love YOU.

 Do you have a topic to suggest to the Monday Movie Meme? Or would you like to guest host? Let us know in the Comments section or send us an e-mail.

16 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

Mine should be posted tomorrow morning. I'm not real creative, as I haven't watched an Oscars for years. Just way too long, so I guess my highlights are whatever the press decides to show us!

Forgetfulone said...

Great choices! I chose two different ones. Mine is up here: http://www.forgetfulone.com/2011/02/monday-movie-meme_27.html

The Gal Herself said...

I remember that Adrian Brody win, partly because I had no idea who on earth he was! This is a fun idea. Mine's up now.

Susan said...

I loved Helen Mirren's speech when she won Best Actress. There's just something about a proper British accent saying "ass over teakettle" that stops the show!

Beth F said...

My mind's a blank -- All I can think of is Sally Fields! LOL.a

Sassy B. said...

Here are Sassy's big Oscar moments: unforgettable.

Unknown said...

Truly agree with you regarding both amazing acceptance speeches; love Adrien and Cuba's enthusiasm! :) Mine are HERE.

Heather G. said...

I haven't been able to watch the Oscars for years with no TV signal and too cheap for satellite...but I have a couple that stand out. Roberto Benigni when he won for Best Picture or actor or something...he totally freaked out. It was hilarious. The other was when Tom Hanks won either for Philadelphia or Forrest Gump...he thanked his high school drama teacher. That was classy.

kayerj said...

sounds memorable. I never watch the academy awards--but I did read a book called "Princess Academy" over the weekend.

Kwizgiver said...

Great question. I didn't think last night's show was very memorable. Except for Melissa Leo's f-bomb.

Julie said...

I loved Cuba Gooding Jr.'s reaction! Priceless :) My answer is up.

Lisa said...

Mine is Robert Begnini as well. It was just so real.

Nicole/MadlabPost said...

An unforgettable moment at the Oscars this year was the fashion, as far as I'm concerned. Helena Bonham Carter was channeling a mix of gothic style and fantasy cinema on the red carpet while Kate Blanchet looked like someone dressed her in an old window curtain and tried to repurpose it as a modern day apron.

However, I just realized that my most unforgettable Oscar moment was from an absurd event that occured on the broadcast a few years ago....which I will post about later this week.

Arti said...

Hi, I came from ds's Third-Storey Window and saw your blog post about the Oscars. I have been watching the Oscars for decades. Last night the most memorable for me is Colin Firth's win. After hearing his acceptance speech and knowing that he finally gets some well-deserved recognition, I feel like I don't need to see any Oscars anymore. ;)

Tami said...

The winner is Sandra Bullock. Her 2010 acceptance for Best Actress in which she thanked all mothers - and specifically her own - and spoke directly to each of the other nominees, was total class. And that moment at the end when she teared up and was thankful for then-husband Jesse James, who just days later was revealed to be a total ass. Then she came back in 2011 as a presenter, held her head up and was total class all over again. Brilliant!

Kathleen said...

I forgot about Cuba Gooding Jr. It was so refreshing to see his enthusiasm!