Thursday, June 23, 2011

ON BLOGGING ~ Label Maker...

Image courtesy UNIFORM natural via Flickr

Last week, Kaye @ The Road Goes Ever On left a comment on my Blog Tips post about using labels to set the tone of your blog and inspire your posts. I mentioned that overwhelming your visitors with an endless list of labels to sort through could be counterproductive. Kaye asked "How do you display only the labels you want to and still have access to all your labels?" Good question! I can give you the simple steps to accomplish this on Blogger.

  • From your Dashboard, click on the Design link.
  • If you already have the Gadget in your sidebar, etc. displaying your labels, click the Edit link next to it.
  • If you do not yet have it set up, click the Add A Gadget link and scroll down to find the Labels gadget, clicking the + symbol to insert it into your blog.
  • On the item called Show, click the Selected Labels button.
  • Click on the Edit link.
  • Go through and check or uncheck the labels you do or do not want displayed in your gadget on your blog's sidebar (or wherever you choose to place it) and click Done.
  • Modify any of the other settings you like and click Save.

This quick process will display your selective list of labels on your blog, while keeping all of your labels viewable and workable for you and you alone behind the scenes.

If you use a platform other than Blogger, I cannot speak specifically to the label display process, but I imagine it is just as simple to accomplish.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

My blog is in serious need of a makeover right now. I'm going to bookmark this post and come back to it later when I am ready to tackle my remodel job.