Monday, November 3, 2008

ON BOOKS ~ Location = Pakistan




raidergirl3 asks - It's Tuesday, where is reading taking you?

I have just stumbled upon the town of Korphe perched in the remote mountain valleys of Pakistan. I have lost my way (again) after a grueling descent from a failed summit of K2 which was to have been in honor of my sister. I am about to have an epiphany of some sort that will lead me to build schools across Pakistan and Afghanistan - starting here with the children of Korphe who welcomed this strange bedgraggled foreigner with eager curiousity.

(Three Cups of Tea - One Man's Mission to Promote Peace...One School at a Time - G. Mortenson & D. Relin, non-fiction)

2 comments:

raidergirl3 said...

I've read such good reviews of that book, really inspiring.

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I never heard of this one sounds interesting.