MONDAY MOVIE MEME
Molly looked around for a weekly meme about movies and did not have any luck. So therefore she decided to start her own! Andy will play along as well - hopefully you will too. Go to your blog and create your own post on the topic, linking back to us in your post, then come back and leave a link to your post here in our Comments section. If you don’t have a blog, just share your response in the Comments section.
This week's movie topic is all about Books In The Movies...
This coming Friday, our monthly Bumble Town Chat will be a meet & greet with myself and the rest of the quirky girls from our group book blog, Quirky Girls Read. In honor of our book blogging interests, today's movie topic is all about books in the movies. Not movies made from books, but movies that feature books, reading, librarians, bookstores and the like. Here are a sampling of what came to our minds. Share on your blog some of your favorite bookish flicks, linking back here. And don't forget to visit your fellow participants!
- The Music Man (1962) - Scammer Harold Hill falls for Marian the Librarian
- You've Got Mail (1998) - Bookstore chain owner's takeover of an independent bookstore gets complicated when he realizes she is the online love he's been falling for.
- The Time Traveler's Wife (2009) - It would be nice if my librarian disappeared just as my overdue charges were being discussed. It would also be nice if my librarian looked like Eric Bana who plays the romantic lead role in this tale of a time traveling librarian in Chicago.
- Seven (1995) - Well read police detective figures out a serial killer's motives by digging deep into the classics at the library.
- The Breakfast Club (1985) - Not a very bookish film, but the entire movie takes place in a high school library while the student delinquents try to overcome their Saturday School detention.
Do you have a topic to suggest to the Monday Movie Meme? Or would you like to guest host? Let us know in the Comments section or send us an e-mail.