Tuesday, April 16, 2013

ON HEALING ~ Marathons Are For Families - Not Cowards

 

 My heart goes out to everyone devastated physically and emotionally from yesterday's horrific and cowardly act at the Boston Marathon finish line. I have been in those very spots myself over the years and can attest to the crowded, yet joyous environment you will find there. Marathon Monday is 26.2 miles of families, college kids and encouragement, celebrating the determination of amazing people. Marathon Monday is not fear, destruction and evil. When you watch the footage and review the stories from that day, look at the heroes. They were everywhere. Keeping that emphasis on the determination of amazing people.

7 comments:

Lin said...

I thought of you when I heard the news. I'm glad you are all safe, but I'm very sorry that this has touched your fine city. :(

Prayers for all.

Sandy Nawrot said...

I thought of you too, because I know it is almost a tradition for you to watch the race. I'm so glad you are safe, but I don't know that any of our hearts will be the same. But like I saw on FB yesterday, if they are trying to break the spirit of a runner (and the families of runners) they have chosen the wrong people. Love you and miss you!

Janet said...

Glad to hear from you :-)

kayerj said...

I've been thinking of you and your city. I've included you in my prayers. I'm very relieved to hear from you.

Kathleen said...

AMEN Molly...well said!

Anonymous said...

I did think of you and was happy to see this post. I saw it when i posted but am just now commenting, goes to show my procrastination never seems to get better :) I'm so glad that you weren't there. And there were heroes all over that day, it's a perfect think to focus on. Miss seeing you!

Mike said...

So sad. How many women and children have to die before the cowards realize they can't kill our spirit.